You install Horizon Client on Mac client systems from a disk image file.
X11 for Windows and Mac. X11 is a remote-display protocol used by Linux/Unix machines, including the Linux machines at Thayer. By running an X11 program (known as a server) on your computer, you can access graphical Linux programs remotely through an SSH client. In addition some.nix applications ported to macOS do not run natively under the. Easy access for Mac clients. Without installing any additional software, Open Enterprise Server lets you seamlessly copy, delete, move, create, save, and open network files from your Mac as if you were accessing them locally. Manage Linux with a single administrative interface.
- Verify that the client system uses a supported operating system. See System Requirements for Mac Clients.
- Verify that you can log in as an administrator on the client system.
- Verify that you have the URL for a download page that contains the Horizon Client installer. This URL might be the VMware Downloads page at http://www.vmware.com/go/viewclients, or it might be the URL for a Connection Server instance.
- On the Mac client system, browse to the URL for downloading the Horizon Client installer file. The filename format is VMware-Horizon-Client-YYMM-y.y.y-xxxxxx.dmg, where YYMM is the marketing version number, y.y.y is the internal version number, and xxxxxx is the build number.
- Double-click the .dmg file and click Agree. The contents of the disk image appear in a Horizon Client Finder window.
- In the Finder window, drag the VMware Horizon Client icon to the Applications folder icon. If you are not logged in as an administrator user, the Mac client system prompts you for an administrator user name and password.
Microsoft Sql Server For Mac
Start Horizon Client and verify that you can connect to a remote desktop or published application. See Connect to a Remote Desktop or Published Application.